Travel Vaccinations 




Let us help you have a wonderful holiday and bring home fantastic memories - not illness!

Off on your travels? Lucky you! To assist you in planning your journey and to ensure you return safe and healthy, we have provided some helpful tips and links below. Together, let’s get all the boring planning work done so you can get on with enjoying your trip!

image representing travel vaccinations


Travel Immunisations

It is essential that you take the time to research the area you are travelling to and the health risks of this region. The Claremont team is more than happy to help with this and provide any required vaccinations which are available on the NHS. These include:

  • Hepatitis A
  • Typhoid
  • DTP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio)

All other travel vaccinations will require an appointment at a private travel clinic, of which there are several locally in Exeter. These clinics will charge for these additional vaccinations.

Our skilled nursing team will be happy to assist you in identifying which vaccinations are recommended for you and check your medical record to ensure that you actually require these (you may have had some of them already).

To obtain our nurses' assistance with your travel plans:

  1. Give us a call at least six week before you travel and book an initial nurse telephone consultation. (This will ensure we have enough time to complete any courses of vaccinations)
  2. Whilst you are waiting for this appointment, visit Nathnac to research the area you are travelling to and what vaccinations are recommended.
  3. Discuss your travel plans and vaccinations over the phone with our nursing team
  4. The nurse will confirm which vaccinations are necessary and arrange a convenient time for you to visit Claremont for any NHS funded injections and advise you which private ones will be required.
  5. Identify the local private travel clinic of your choice to obtain the remaining necessary immunisations.

General Travel Advice

The latest information on coronavirus, safety and security, entry requirements and travel warnings


Travelling to Europe?

You will require an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). The EHIC lets you get state healthcare in other European countries and Switzerland at a reduced cost or sometimes for free. To apply for this card simply complete the online form.

"It's all kicking off over there!"

It is important to keep up to date with safety advice when travelling abroad. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office has an excellent up to date website with all the latest travel advice.

Helping you keep safe in an emergency

Do you have a long term or serious medical condition? MedicAlert speaks for you when you're not able to, via their membership service and custom-made medical ID jewellery.

Worn on your pulse point, and carrying the international medical symbol, the ID jewellery alerts emergency professionals to vital information immediately and allows them to gain access to additional information from your secure electronic record. This is all available 24/7, 365 days a year.

Accessing Medical Advice when abroad

IAMAT - Sometimes your travel destinations are a bit out of the way, perhaps even dangerous. It can be challenging to find a doctor in the places you visit. You need to do research and prepare for health risks accordingly. You need to plan carefully because managing your health abroad is crucial. Do you have the appropriate immunizations? What about a pre-existing health condition? Would you have access to an English-speaking doctor or mental health practitioner if you needed one? This is where IAMAT comes in.

Becoming a "foreign travel guru"

Want to do some more research into travel health? Jane Chiodini is an online Travel Nurse Specialist with a website providing a wealth of useful insights and tips on safe travelling. Whilst she does provide courses requiring the payment of a fee, she does have a free Travel Advice Resources page which is extremely thorough.

Stay safe and, above all, we hope you have an amazing holiday!